Admission & Application
Jordan Valley Community Health Center offers clinical psychology internships to qualified individuals. You’ll train with us for 12 months under the guidance of licensed psychologists. Our internship program is committed to the requirement of culturally and ethnically diverse interns. We encourage inquiries and applications from all qualified individuals.
Requirements for Admission
We accept applications from doctoral candidates in good standing from APA-approved PhD or PsyD programs in clinical, counseling or school psychology. Candidates are expected to have endorsement from their graduate program’s Director of Training.
When you are ready to apply, you will access the application on the APPIC Internship Portal. We follow APPIC guidelines for the application and selection process.
Submit Your Application
1. Go to the APPIC Internship Portal and complete the application. You will submit transcripts, letters of recommendation and Psychological Testing Reports for an adult and a child as part of this application. It is your responsibility to acquire and submit these documents.
2. Once your application is received, our Director of Behavioral Health Integration will review it to ensure applicants meet the requirements.
3. Applicants who are best qualified to benefit from our program will be invited to interview by our Training Director.
4. During your interview, we will ask about your qualifications, experiences, interests and goals.*
5. After the interviews, Jordan Valley will rank candidates within the APPIC match service. All rankings are submitted by the Director of Behavioral Health Integration.
6. Applicants will be informed of their selection through the APPIC notification process.
*Due to COVID-19 safety precautions, APPIC has strongly recommended that there be no in-person interviews during this match season. For this reason, Jordan Valley has decided to cancel all in-person interview days. Additional information regarding the remote interview process will be provided to applicants closer to December 1st.
Jordan Valley Community Health Center is an equal opportunity employer committed to non-discrimination toward any employee or job seeker on the basis race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status or genetic information. This policy applies to all aspects of employment including selection, job assignments, promotion, compensation, discipline, termination, benefits and training. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.